Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Back in busy-ness

You may have noticed my activity on the blog has dropped off suddenly.  I was occupied with bringing my second son into the world, and recovering from an unfortunate side effect that prevented me from looking at any reading material, especially things on screens, because of the distracting pain I was in.  All is well in our house now and we're slowly getting back to our busy selves as we navigate this new chapter of our lives.

Aidan has expressed his love for his new little brother with kisses, hugs, and requests to let him know when his eyes are open so he can show him things.  But mixed in with that have been some new emotions.  There have been a few times where I've heard, "This day is weird!"  We've made sure to keep some constants going in Aidan's life among the craziness of sleep deprivation, doctor visits, and visitors, so he still feels some familiarity of times before little brother.  We've also warned him at the same time that things would be different!

I'm not sure if the goal is to get back to the old version of our lives (yeah right), create a completely different one, or find one that involves the old and the new.  I do know that we're settling back into being busy and can't wait to continue sharing more moments and discoveries with you.  

Devin arrived on March 29th, all 8lbs. 6oz. and 20 inches of him!

1 comment:

  1. What a big boy!! He is precious!! You will eventually get into a routine and it will be like you had 2 all along. There is never a dull moment or a minute to sit still and quiet haha but it is so worth it! Good luck to you and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, stop by any time!
-Heather