Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Going Forward

I honestly didn't think I would be writing about resolutions on this blog, but I've been thinking about how they could affect and influence my boys.  I don't always make resolutions for myself, but I felt it would help keep me accountable for some things I've always been working on, and struggle with every day.  They are things that will help me improve my mental, spiritual, and physical states, and when I improve myself, I know it will reflect in my boy's behavior.  Because when I take care of myself, it's easier for me to be my best self for the most important boys in my life.

The tough part is going forward with my resolutions, because it's so easy to fall back on old habits.  Like when my younger son Devin tries to push himself forward on his truck and doesn't get very far, or go very fast.  So like a toddler does, he pushes backwards, it's easier, but backwards isn't where he wants to go.  But he still tries to go forward.  The more I think about how my resolutions will affect my boys directly, the more I think about my toddler on that truck.

If he can move it forward, then so can I.  Here's to moving forward this year, and every year. 

Stay up to date on all our Little Moments and more; likour Facebook page, or join us on Google+!


1 comment:

  1. There's no shortcut to growth. You have to push forward when its hard, scary, and difficult. You'll come out better on the other side when surrounded with those who love you and care for you. That's the environment you have create for the kids so they thrive, and that's the environment we all need to improve. Here's to growth in 2014!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, stop by any time!
-Heather