My favorite time, is the time we spend together in the backyard. Just hanging out on what you call, a "lazy afternoon." I may not say it out loud, but I learn so much from you on those days we spend in the sunshine.
- Only you can teach me to be sneaky, every time we catch a lizard, or squirt mom with the water gun when her back is turned.
- Only you can teach me how to put barbecue sauce on just right.
- Only you can teach me how to move to the rhythm of a song, while we have a dance party.
- Only you can teach me how to be a fun big brother, by helping me make goofy faces at my baby brother.
- Only you can teach me about evaporation, when I watch the steam and smoke come out of the grill.
- Only you can teach me how strong I am in the water, every time you encourage me to swim to the other side.
- Only you can teach me new words, when we have our talks about things I don't fully understand.
- Only you can teach me how to be a great dad, for when I have kids of my own some day.
Happy Father's day, to the father of my children.